Sunday, December 2, 2012

Spiderman's Newest Adventures

Spiderman has become a good little helper.  Any time he sees the broom he proceeds to take it all over the house trying to sweep smiling and laughing.  It is precious!  When we are getting ready to go outside he can go to the shoe box and bring me not only his shoes, but mine too.  He tries to wear Cory and my shoes as well which is always fun.  He likes to help us undecorate the Christmas tree by taking off ornaments and then bringing them to us. The bottom half of the tree has nothing left on it except for lights.  Spiderman has learned to unbabyproof the house as well.  We finally taught him to stop taking the plastic socket protectors out of the sockets but he learned how to open the cupboards with the baby proof lever and he can take the door nob covers off the doors.   Luckily the cupboard just holds towels as all the chemicals and such are way out of reach and he can't open doors yet.  We will have to get new door locks up high before he learns how to open them!

Spiderman's talking has also really picked up lately.  He has really surprised us this last week with new words.  He signs and says juice, which is one we have been working on and every since meeting the cats at Grandma and Grandpa Mills's house he absolutely loves anything resembling a cat which he also says and signs.  However, he pointed at a tree one day when I took him to Cory's work and said, "Tree!"  I didn't know he could say that!  Yesterday Cory asked if I had taught Spiderman how to say key.  I told him I hadn't and Spiderman pointed at the mail key on the wall and said "Key."  We showed him the sign for key and he did it back almost perfectly.  When he signs help we ask him what he wants help with.  He will point at whatever he wants and say "this."  He also learned how to say jacket.

I think Spiderman is going through a growth spurt as well because he is eating anything and everything we put in front of him including kiwi and pomegranate.  He has started showing affection which always makes me feel special.  He gives great big kisses on the cheek and will hug around the neck.  It makes me excited to see him so happy to give hugs and kisses to Cory and I.  Spiderman has also become really interested in books.  He used to spend a few seconds looking at one and then would walk away to do something else.  Now he will let us ready a full book to him and have us read it multiple times before he gets bored.  He also likes to sit in his car seat and "read" a book while we drive around town.  His favorite car seat book right now is his Good Night Gorilla book from his Grandma Day.  His favorite house books are his Big Racing Car book from Grandma Mills and his The Paper Bag Princess book from his mama, which he likes because of the dragon roaring throughout it.  He likes to roar right along with the book.  He thinks all animals roar too, including his giraffes.  He walks everywhere and rarely crawls anymore.  Spiderman also loves to run!  Sometimes he can make it a good distance and other times he trips over his feet and falls after only a few steps.  Pretty soon he will have it mastered and we will have great fun trying to keep up with him.

Cory is preparing for his last week of classes and finals this week.  He will probably have a final or two next week as well. Then he will have a good long break from school which we are all looking forward to as we will get to spend more time together!

We have about 10 more weeks until we get to meet our baby girl!  She is a huge mover and takes after her brother in that way.  Although Spiderman was more into kicking and dancing where she also enjoys trying to stretch out as far as she can.  Spiderman likes giving my stomach hugs.  I am not sure if it is because he understands what is going on or just because he thinks it's funny since it keeps getting bigger.  I like to think the first.  I am excited for her to come and although I know I will love her just as much as I love Spiderman, I think I will miss having so much one on one time with my little boy.  I am trying to really enjoy these last weeks where I can spend all my time playing with Spiderman. 

1 comment:

  1. I wish David and Emma could play together!

    I love reading that last paragraph. I am constantly amazed by what a great mommy you are.

    ReplyDelete