Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Princess Unicorn's Blessing

Just as a little background.  In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we have a special event for babies where during our church service the newborn is brought to the front of the congregation and given a blessing, usually by their father who says the blessing as directed by the spirit.  This is a scripture talking about it. “Every member of the church of Christ having children is to bring them unto the elders before the church, who are to lay their hands upon them in the name of Jesus Christ, and bless them in his name” (D&C 20:70). 

Princess Unicorn was able to be blessed when she was a month old.  It was a very special occasion!  Spiderman got a brand new suit to wear!  

When I was a teenager, my Grandma Robinson gave me a beautiful life size china doll with a long gorgeouse white dress.  As I grew older I imagined my baby girls wearing it on their blessing day.  Sadly, Grandma passed away a few years ago and was never able to meet my husband (seeing as I wasnt dating him yet) or meet my children.  I had no idea if the dress would fit my future girls but hoped it would.  I was thrilled when I took it off the doll and tried it on Princess Unicorn.  It fit perfectly and felt like a part of my Grandma was with us that day.  




Princess Unicorn was also wrapped in a beautiful white blanket made by Aunt Anita, Spiderman was wrapped in the same blanket for his blessing too, which helped feel like she was there as well even though she unfortunately was not able to attend.



We were able to have my parents come to the blessing, which was great!  They were able to meet Princess Unicorn and play with Spiderman who enjoyed seeing them again.  Cory's parents were also able to come as well as his awesome sister Kelsey and a few of her friends.  My close friend Monica came with her family and we had all our friends in our local congregation too.  Princess Unicorn was blessed by Cory who blessed her with those things he felt prompted by the spirit to say.  It was a beautiful blessing and a very special day.  I am so glad we were able to share it with so many friends and family!



No comments:

Post a Comment