Friday, November 9, 2012

Starting a blog...

There are a few reasons I wanted to start a blog.  Probably the most important of them being that I liked the idea of having a place online to store family memories, pictures, and adventures.  While journal writing is great and something I still plan to do, I see a blog as a great way to preserve family stories that can be enjoyed for years to come.  I love the idea of little Spiderman coming onto the blog in 25 years to see what it was like when his little sister joined our family as he is preparing for one of his own children to come into the world.  Not that I am expecting that exact scenario to play out but I really hope that this is something my children will cherish as they grow.  Another reason is the obvious one of having a way for friends and family not near by to still be able to know what we have been up to and keep in touch.  The third reason is that in general I am a fairly shy person.  I don't often talk a lot and when I do it is rarely about those things I feel emotionally connected to or about personal opinions. (Unfortunately, life experiences have taught me to be very guarded when it comes to my personal opinions and emotions.)  For that reason I have wanted to include random insights I have into life or rants on things I feel strongly about.  I would love to have a way to express those ideas and thoughts, other than to my poor husband who gets to hear them on a regular basis, and I look forward to using this blog for that as well.  I hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures and I look forward to sharing them with you.  As a side note, I am a terrible speller.  This is something I have struggled with my entire life and while I do my best to get everything right and use spell check I often am told by others that there are still many errors.  Please be understanding of my struggle with spelling and try not to be bothered if I make too many mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley! I'm excited to follow along on your new blog; what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete